Georgia Future Leaders
"Georgia's Next Generation of Mortgage Banking Leaders"
The Mortgage Bankers Association of Georgia initiated the Thomas T. Shealy Georgia Future Leaders Program in the summer of 2003.
The program is aptly named after Georgia's own Thomas T. "Sonny" Shealy, who has exemplified commitment & leadership throughout his career. Among Sonny's acheivements are:
- Former President of SunTrust Mortgage
- Past President of Mortgage Bankers Association of Georgia
- Past President & member of the (national) Mortgage Bankers Association
- Former Chairman of the Board of Residential Finance Authority
The Georgia Future Leaders program is a FREE annual curriculum which assists in developing leaders in the Mortgage Bankers Association and in the mortgage banking industry in Georgia. Each class participates in at least five education sessions throughout the year by industry leaders in Georgia.
- Gain insight and understanding of the various channels & components of the mortgage industry and how they all fit together
- Get a behind-the-scenes look at the legislative process at the State & federal levels and how it impacts mortgage lending
- Gain an understanding of how the various mortgage industry trade groups operate and why they are important
- Receive a relevant and valuable lesson in leadership
Schedule of Events
Classes typically begin in thet fall and are held in alternating months. Classes usually take place in-person or via conference call or webinar.
Mortgage Banking Overview
The history and evolution of the industry and its professional organizations
The Legislative Process
Insight into the State & Federal legislative processes
Mortgage Banking Today
A look at the various mortgage banking channels and how they all fit together
A panel of experts representing all phases of mortgage banking putting it all into perspective for today, and answering your specific questions
Meet the Officers
Meet the MBAG officers, Governors, & committee chairs, and choose an area of interest to you.
|In addition to the above, each participant will attend
one MBAG board meeting
and MBAG's Lobby Day
Participants in the Future Leaders program will be required to choose a standing MBAG committee on which to serve.
Graduates are recognized at the annual convention in May, where they are presented with their certificates of completion.
Who should apply?
- Mortgage Industry professionals with all levels of experience
- Full-time employees of MBAG Regular or Associate member companies
- Preference will be given to those applicants who have demonstarted professional acheivement and a willingness to be involved in association functions at the state and/or chapter level.
How to Apply:
- Submit your application by October 15 to be in the next class!